Welcome to Western Springs
Incorporated in 1886, Western Springs received its name from the water of its clear, cool springs which inspired the name of its largest park, Spring Rock Park. Western Springs has evolved into a quaint village with beautiful homes on various sized lots. The downtown area of Western Springs is a thriving mix of retail, commercial, and serves as a gathering place. School District 101 serves Village residents and some residents of Hinsdale and includes three elementary schools and one middle school. School District 106 is a combined elementary and middle school campus and serves some of the Village residents. Lyons Township High School’s South Campus is located in the Village and serves the freshman and sophomore classes, while the North Campus serves the juniors and seniors classes and is located in nearby La Grange. The Western Springs Park District owns more than 90 acres of land in 13 parks.